Friday 1 January 2021

So long 2020...

 

2020, a year unlike any other any of us have ever experienced. A year full of change, tragedy and heroism. Wildlife-wise it has been spectacular, with many of us reconnecting with the nature on our doorsteps, a comforting lifeline that has helped us get through.

I could talk about Humpback Whales, the Bearded Vulture, my Red-rumped Swallow, rescuing sheep out of ditches and planting trees. But as the last few minutes tick by, my mind is on the tough times many people close to me have endured in this troubled year. Let's hope 2021 brings peace to us all and light at the end of this terrible tunnel. 

So, as a Grey Partridge creaked unseen in the twilight south of Bishopthorpe last night, I said so long to 2020, a sad goodbye to Europe, and kept my fingers firmly crossed for a happier 2021. Stay safe, folks and thanks for your support.


No comments: