Sunday 17 January 2016

Surf's up, but not today

Headed to Filey which looked stunning in the winter sun. The tide was in, so I walked the full length of Carr Naze and dropped down the end. A single Snow Bunting flew north calling. Two birds just offshore proved to be Great Northern Divers - nice! They were joined by two Common Scoters, but try as I might, I could not find the Surf Scoter that has been hanging out for a few weeks, even with the kind help of Mark Pearson. I dropped down on to the Brigg and had a look at the waders, adding a couple of Purple Sandpipers to the yearlist. Plenty of auks off the Brigg, but I couldn't find anything rare. After soaking up beautiful views of the majestic loons (which seemed to both be adults), I renewed my efforts to find the Surfy, but to no avail. Next stop - Wykeham!




No comments: