Thursday 7 January 2010

Third Day of the Year

Family day out to the marine zoo that is the sealife centre at Yarmouth. Apart from the Thornback Ray taking a liking to Adelaide’s fingers which she was dangling in the water with Dad’s help the whole thing was uneventful and a bit pricey. Pleased to see WDCS represented in there though and happily signed their petition. Awesome Med Gull action outside too, with up to 30 coming to the few chips I could spare from my lunch. Too blinged-up birds which I will try and identify later.

Had a quick stop at Haddiscoe on the way to catch the Reedham Ferry, but being a plank I had forgotten my scope – didn’t think we would use it in the seahorse enclosure. Too fine Short-ears were flapping around nonchalantly but no sign of any big white-arsed raptors in my brief spot of scanning. A few birders were walking up the railway line and were presumably having great views of all sorts. On the other side of the ferry, a big flock of pinks were grazing in the fields by the road one of which had a white neck collar, but sadly I couldn’t make out the code through my bins.

No comments: